Associate Department Head of Undergraduate Programs
Dr. Srinivasa’s research interests include plasticity of metals and polymers, thermomechanics of dissipative processes, dislocation dynamics, Cosserat continua, design and dynamics of compliant mechanisms, computational modeling of defects, and fracture and fatigue processes.
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley – 1991
- B. Tech, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras – 1986
- 2021 ASME Student chapter, Texas A&M University, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Best Teacher Award.
- 2019 American Society of Mechanical Engineers, Worchester Reed Warner Medal for outstanding contribution to the permanent literature of engineering
- 2019 Mechanical Engineering Program, Texas A&M Qatar, Faculty of the year.
- 2018 American Society of Engineering Education, Archie Higdon Distinguished Educator Award for outstanding Contributions to Mechanics Education
- 2017 Society of Engineering Science (SES), Fellow
- 2016 American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Fellow
- 2015 Association of Former Students College Distinguished Teaching Award.
- 2014 Holdredge/Paul Professorship: The only professorship for distinction in pedagogy and teaching in the Mechanical Engineering Department
- 2013 Association of Former Students University Distinguished Teaching Award. One of the highest awards for teaching at TAMU.
- 2012 Benjamin Dasher best paper award, Frontiers in Engineering Education Conference.
- 2011 William Keeler Faculty Fellowship, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University.
- 2011 Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University.
- 2010 Halliburton Professorship, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University
- 2005 British Petroleum (BP) Award for Teaching Excellence, College of Engineering, Texas A&M University.
- 2003 Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University.
- 1990 UC Berkeley Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
- 1986-1989 The Berkeley Fellowship
- 1986 The Banco Foundation Gold Medal
- 1984 The Raghavendra Memorial Prize